We now have only a little over five months left in 2023. Hard to believe, right? So much has happened in my own life in the past six and a half months, that I’m experiencing a bit of mental whiplash. While much of these new changes have been good, all of it has my head spinning some days.
I previously wrote a post entitled, “Is 2023 the Year You Stop Putting Your Next Career Move on Hold?” at the beginning of this year.
Are you still waiting to make a move?
If this post got you thinking about your next career move, then I want to ask, where are you now more than six months later? Do you have a plan in place? Have you started researching some opportunities? Have you completed even just one small step in making your move, like either scheduling a complimentary initial consultation with a career coach, or reaching out to an old networking contact?
Or, are you still waiting to make your move? Are you in the same place you were six months ago? If so, why do you think this is? Are there legitimate reasons, or just excuses?
Be honest with yourself when answering the following questions:
- Six months from now, do I want to be in the same place in my career?
- If not, what’s holding me back?
- Is there something I’ve tried that’s not working? Do I need to try something different?
- Do I need someone to show me my blind spots?
- Should I get an expert to help me, especially if my own efforts aren’t showing any results?
- Have I just been making excuses for why I haven’t done anything yet?
How to get started now
I recommend reading the article above again, and recommit yourself to investing the time and energy into your career that will pay off in the long run. As a quick reminder, you can start the process of planning your next career move by taking even just one of the following action steps:
- Communicate your thoughts with your family
- Talk to your network
- Re-evaluate your skill set
- Research different industries
- Dust off your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Get assistance
You can also:
- Purchase one or several of paNASH’s online video tutorials. These courses are designed to help you improve your career and job search strategies, and reduce the amount of time in making your next career move.
- Utilize paNASH’s free resources for helpful tips and career advice. This includes numerous blog posts and articles, written by me, and never generated by AI, therefore guaranteeing the most honest and up-to-date content.
If your goal is to make a career move, now is the time to start planning. I promise, the next five to six months will fly by even faster than the first six months of 2023! Don’t let it give you mental whiplash, and don’t find yourself still waiting six months from now to do something. Take control of your calendar, and your career.
Note: while the audio version of this post is read by an AI voice, all content is authored and published by Lori, the owner of paNASH Career Coaching.