In a few days we’ll begin the last half of 2017. Can you believe we’re already halfway through the year?!
For me, 2017 has already been filled with ups and downs, as I’m sure it has also been for you. The mid-point of the year is always a good time to:
- Review the goals you set at the beginning of the year.
- See which ones you accomplished.
- Re-commit to the ones you have yet to accomplish.
My Passion Planner has an entire section devoted to doing just that between its June and July pages. (I really love having a paper calendar again!)
There may have been some bumps in the road since January to cause you to get behind on your goals. But, there’s still some time to re-focus and catch up.
5 Steps to Salvaging the Last Half of 2017
- Think back to what your goals were at the beginning of the year. Did they include discovering new passions? Making more money? Starting or completing a special project? Finding a new job or new career?
- Find your notes where you put these goals down in writing. If you didn’t write them down, then DO SO NOW! Did you know, people who write down their goals are 50% more likely to achieve their goals than those who don’t?
- Start breaking your goals down into smaller goals. See if you can set a deadline of December 31st, 2017 to some, if not all, of these smaller goals.
- Begin working on your smaller goals TODAY. By doing so, you should be able to accomplish at least part of the bigger goals by December 31st as well.
- Don’t beat yourself up if this deadline doesn’t seem realistic for each goal. Right now, just focus on what you can accomplish by the end of the next six months. Once you have, you’ll gain more momentum and more motivation going into 2018.
Resources to Assist You in the Last Half of 2017
A dismal first half of the year doesn’t have to destroy your hopes for an improved you.
One quick way to get back on track is to utilize the on-demand resources offered by paNASH. These videos focus on topics related to improving your work and your life. They’re broken down into smaller video segments, making them quick and easy to access anytime online. They come with handouts to guide you through every step of your goal, whether it includes:
- Pursuing your passions.
- Making more money.
- Improving your job search skills.
- Developing your authentic brand.
- Or even just properly setting goals.
Summer is a great time to catch up on your 2017 goals! To help you, I’m offering 15% off all paNASH on-demand programs. Use the discount code SUMMER at checkout. This offer is good beginning July 9th and lasts until July 16th. So maybe one of your first goals for the rest of this year is to take advantage of this offer on a resource that will kick your last half of 2017 into high gear!