Welcome to “Sunday Inspiration,” a bi-weekly devotional for those seeking spiritual encouragement in the pursuit of their passions. Each post comes from an outside resource (as referenced). I hope these posts will inspire and motivate you in your life and career in addition to our weekly original blog posts. Enjoy!
“He was…successful…because he obeyed the Lord.” 2Ch 31:21 CEV
Here are seven scriptural steps to success in life:
1. Put God first. He wants you to succeed; what good parent wouldn’t? So work on your relationship with Him. “Acquaint now thyself with him…thereby good shall come unto thee” (Job 22:21).
2. Help others to become successful. “Whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord” (Eph 6:8). Don’t just be interested in yourself, become interested in others too.
3. Create a climate of confidence around you. As long as you keep speaking words of doubt, you’ll never experience victory. Remind yourself that your “sufficiency is of God” (2Co 3:5).
4. Stay informed. “A wise man will hear and increase in learning” (Pr 1:5 NAS). Observe, read, and grow. If you’re willing to pay money for a good meal but not for a good book, perhaps you value your appetite more than your intellect.
5. Visualize yourself attaining your goal. Think and talk in success pictures. Moses did that: “He had his eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going” (Heb 11:27 TM).
6. Write down your plan and establish deadlines. Make a detailed list of required activities, and set checkpoints. Guard your mind and prioritize your time. “Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get” (Eph 5:16 TM).
7. Set a realistic goal. And work toward it one priority at a time. Many things in life fail for one reason—broken focus. So avoid distractions: “A double minded man is unstable” (Jas 1:8). If you do these seven things, you’ll succeed in life.